Monday 15 February 2010

PARIS - DAY 3

Well, all I can say is, a very mixed up day ... things didn't really go our way.

Stepped off the metro only to find snow falling down ... Its not that I dislike the snow, I just do not enjoy walking and sloshing around in the freezing cold in it all day!




The day started off by going to the YSL museum, but all the exhibitions were not open, so we could only view his Indian Dress Collection which he designed ... the costumes were beautiful, with such attention to detail, but truthfully I didn't take that much away from this experience in relation to aiding me with my course, perhaps this would have been alot more beneficial if all the museum could have been viewed.
Then Tokyo de Palais ... once again, only a very small area open (may aswell have closed the whole museum) as the exhibitions were not starting till the 18th of February, so that the journey to here wasn't a complete waste of time I grabbed a Panini from the Cafe.






In the Tokyo de Palais I did like the entrance area where they had a boutique sections, and the items were displayed to buy in vending machine like fridges!






Stumbled across a lovely little quaint Patisserie and got a chocolate Truffle cake ... this was true Heaven ... OH the calories!




Just to make me feel horribly guilty Abi went to a Salad Bar for her lunch ... looked lovely, wish I had eaten here! I Love these innocent smoothies with the knitted hats on, so cute!



We Made friends with the man who worked here, he gave us some good advice, and told us about this Boat on the Notre Dame where they have bands playing Jazz, he also plays his guitar there, no doubt this will be on the cards one of the nights!

Hoping that we will have slightly more luck on our next visit, we ventured over to Muse de Quai branly to hopefully be a bit more inspired. We went just to see the exterior of the building, as its a living exterior ... although maybe because of this weather it was looking pretty grim and not so living ...! Paris isn't on our side today!




Following this we walked over to the Baccarat, this was my favourite part of the day, only small but so beautiful down to the last finest detail... not quite sure how long I spent in the toilet, but I loved them haha!






Here are a couple of other snaps I got, but they were very strict on the photography so only got a sneaky few ...






The Champs Elysees was calling us ... I purchased a lovely bottle of Kenzo L’eau perfume from Sephora (love this place, all cosmetics under one roof!) I can only ever seem to find this perfume in Paris (which is where I originally got it from when it was launched over here and my sister brought it me back as a gift), so I had no choice but to purchase 100 ml bottle :) any excuse!
Some of my favourite stores that I visited today were...

GUERLAIN
gold.gold.gold.gold.gold.gold.GOLD.luxury.







CITROEN Car Store (Much to my suprise) I really took alot away from this store, they have really taken on the PERSONALISATION TREND, which I have seen growing and ever-increasingly being used.






Check this out especially ... Firstly, you sit in this little what looks like a photobooth



Secondly, you have your photo taken, your head is then placed inside a car behind the steering wheel, so that you can visualise what you would look like driving this citroen car.




Thirdly, you are able to change slight features on the car such as the colour, to make it to your own taste.



Finally, when you have finished personlising it to your own desire, you can then enter your email address and have the photo of you in your personalised car sent to your email address! LOVE!

LOUIS VUITTON
Good old LV, Beautiful Visual Merchandising that was actually moving up and down ...




Another feature I wish I could have taken a photograph of to post here on my blog was inside the store, when you go up to the higher floor in the escalator, it almost feels as though you are going through space travel, as its a tunnel that is surrounded my screens. The achitecture of the inside of this area in the store is amazing, the use of height of the ceiling, and metallics, had everyone in there just staring up to the sky!




This Bar/Cafe we came across on the Champs Elysees called UNISEX was pretty cool ... I like how its called UNISEX, but is prominently PINK.





Brought the biggest juiciest grapes from the market ... shame about the seeds!





Then traipsing back the long 45 minutes on the metro followed by the 10 minute killer walk in this weather we eventually made it back, got showered and then headed out to the Notre Dame to find a restaurant to have dinner, but were only disappointed when food came out cold, and were just left dissatisfied!!

On the way out to the restaurant we were greeted by this loose dangling live wire from the ceiling ... what a lovely safe place we are staying in ...





The narrower than single bed wasn't the problem tonight, it was the person next door who decided he would play the Bagpipes till 2AM in the morning ... NO JOKE ... believe me I WISH I was joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment