Monday 8 February 2010

PARIS - DAY ONE

Sitting on my lovely narrower than a single size bed in balladins hotel 40 minutes out of the centre of Paris, my neck, back, and basically whole body aches!!! After a long 12 hours with my face slapped against the window pane on the coach I couldn't get off quicker.



Quickly myself and Abi freshened up, wrapped up, and locked up, and roamed out onto the streets of Paris, venturing to the nearest Tram stop, we were heading to Porte de Clignancourt to the Marche auz Puces de St-Ouen. Every saturday to monday this is the largest antiques market in the world! Pretty suprised it wasn't busier there, but got some beautiful images of the little stores, the whole store is almost like one window display, really inspiring!












Then back onto the tube to visit one of my personal favourite places in Paris ... Montmatre and the Sacre Coeur! Known for all its artist history, I always fall for the cobbled streets, quaint restaurants and cafes, and all the hidden treasure you can find!
La Case de Cousin Paul ... loved this light shop, the colours, the concept, and simplicity. You can pick the colours of the balls you want and how many and then they are simply put onto the fairy lights, the balls look almost wicker like in texture ... check them out lacasedecousinpaul.com






I also loved this Pylon store, reminded me of our equivelent of Octopus in the UK. I just wanted to buy everything in store, the colours make me feel like its almost edible! haha! Wish I could have taken more photos, check out the webiste ... www.pylones.com




Quick break in a typical French Cafe for some lunch, and just to realise how awful my french truly is! It was called Bouillon Montmatre.



Up Up Up in the Furnicilor to the Sacre Coeur (sorry but the lift had to be used ... too too many stairs after that coach journey!) Went into the Sacre Coeur, absolutely beautiful!






After, we went and explored the area to the back of the Sacre Coeur, I love where all of the artists congregate in the square and do all of their paintings, this is surrounded by typical french restaurants, with little shops that I love having a nose around! How enticing and endearing are the exteriors of some of these little restarants ...










We went into this bar, purely because of how crazy the interior is, the ceiling and all the walls are covered with messages, and notes, and old photographs the owner has collected over the years, they must tell life stories ...





Finally we ended up in this little gem of a restaurant we stumbled upon down one of the side streets ... we were slightly early, but the atmosphere soon picked up, and it was clear it was one of the locals favourites!




Shattered, End of Day One, Back to the Hotel, and my narrower than a single size bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment