Tuesday 16 February 2010

PARIS - DAY 5

How quickly my final day in Paris has arrived, but then it seems so long ago that I first arrived in this 'City of Love'.
Unfortunately I do apologise that this post may not be very visually exciting but photos were very strictly forbidden, and never-mind how much I would love to share what I saw, I was not risking having my beloved camera taken off me ... SORRY!
Today was taken up primarily by one of the main reasons that we went to Paris ... PREMIERE VISION. I didn't really have many expectations about this event, I hadn't had time to contemplate what it would be like, except for the coach ride on the way there.

Check out the Website, here is a screen shot ... http://www.premierevision.fr/?page=01&lang=en



I took away some valueable things from Premiere Vision, but I would have hoped for this event to be more visually stimulating on some levels. If your course does not directly deal with types of fabrics and patterns, then there are only so many swatches of material you can look at. I used my time here to make some contacts, by speaking to people at trend prediction stalls, as I am hoping to get work experience at one over the summer! And most of my time was spent at the magazine stalls, wishing I had thousands of euros to spend of these trend bibles!! Magazines are certainly a weakness of mine, so you can imagine my excitement when a batch of 3 magazines, which were priced at 60 euros each, so originally this 3 pack should have cost 180 euros, but because they were a year old, were on at a special price of 24 euros, and then when I took them to the till I was only charged 12!!!!! ... A tip ... if you go, take your time and hunt around, and you really can find some bargains, and so what if they are a couple of years old, they can still be truly inspiring, my old magazine are one of my first sources if I am struggling on getting ideas!

I was pretty tired, after a long day of being on my feet. Back on the Coach, Back to the Hotel, Shower, Dressed, and Back to the Metro. This time heading to the Tour Eifel. If I am honest, I am not the biggest fan of this tourist attraction, but I like seeing it lit up at night, got a few snaps, and then ate a gorgeous fillet steak in a restaurant near by.




I know I have gone on about how cold it was, but for the final time ... it was BITTERLY cold.
Wrapped up so that only the top of my head and eyes could be seen we scuttled back to the Metro. An early nights sleep was needed as I was having to be up at half 6 to clamber onto the coach for the treacherous 12 hour ride back to British Turf.
Tucked up in bed for my final nights sleep at the Balladins Hotel, although I have had some fun times on this trip, I was dreaming about being in my much larger than narrower than single size bed (double bed) at home.

Au Revoir ...... HELLO ENGLAND

No comments:

Post a Comment